5 April 2013 Friday
I have created this blogpost for an easy viewing of the relevent information with regards to the 2013 Republic of Singapore Navy Open House that will be held at Changi Naval Base (CNB).
Like the previous RSN Open house, visitors security checks will be conducted at the Singapore Expo Hall 3 before boarding the free shuttle bus to Changi Naval Base (CNB), a journey of about 20 – 30 minutes.
There are no camera and lens restriction.
Event: 2013 Republic of Singapore Navy Open House
Date: 18 (Sat) -19 (Sun) May 2013 General public
Time: 0900 – 1900 hours (9 am to 7 pm)
Venue: Changi Naval Base (CNB)
Security check and shuttle bus to Changi Naval Base (CNB)
Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 3
Bus timing: 0830 – 1630 hours (8.30 am to 4.30 pm)
Note: Entry to Changi Naval Base (CNB) is by shuttle bus only, from Singapore Expo Hall 3
Getting there: Map of Singapore Expo Hall 3
2013 Republic of Singapore Navy Open house advisory:
1) Ladies, strong winds and metallic edges will be your adversaries at the Naval Base. As such, we do not recommend skirts, dresses, heels, sandals and slippers. We suggest wearing sturdy shoes, shorts, trousers or jeans – for our gentlemen too.
2) Security checks will be conducted before the bus is boarded at Singapore Expo Hall 3. To speed up the process, pack light and avoid bringing sharp, dangerous looking objects. Cameras and photographic equipment are allowed though – we love to have our pictures taken!
3) Kids below 0.9m and infants-in-arms will not be allowed on ship cruises or rides for their protection. We are thankful for your understanding.
4) Let’s keep the sea breeze smelling fresh and natural for everyone. Smoking is not tolerated in the base premises, except at designated spots.
1. Dynamic Sea Display
Happening twice a day, the dynamic sea display will thrill and exhilarate audiences with an action-packed demonstration of our Navy’s units and capabilities. For the best view, grab a seat at the 1,000 seater spectator stand early located between the east pier and west pier. Do not miss this!
Sea Display timings are:
9.30am and 2.30pm | 18 May 2013 Saturday
10.30am and 2:30pm | 19 May 2013 Sunday
The display performance features the Archer-class submarine, Seahawk naval helicopter, base defence units and integrated warfare, culminating in an heart-pounding boarding and rescue mission of a hijacked ship conducted by highly-trained naval divers.
2. Family & Fun Tent
Families can look forward to an fun-filled time at the Family & Fun tent, with game stalls, inflatables, balloons, video game simulators all in a carnival-themed tent.
You can also get your pictures taken with the whole family dressed up in naval whites or our new pixelised uniforms.
3. Heart Zone
Chat with the men and women of the Navy and find out more about their experiences at sea. Find out how they live, play and work on board their ships that make it a home away from home.
Here in the Heart Zone you also get the chance to buy special souvenirs and Navy Open House gifts, like collectible stamp sets, polyethylene waterbottles and Navy teddy bears!
4. Sea Cruises & Rides
Don’t miss your chance to sail on the Missile Corvette, Patrol Vessel and Mine Countermeasure Vessel! Ballot for a sea cruise on one of our warships at the Information booth.
Cruise timings are 11.30am, 1pm, 3.30pm, 4.30pm and 5.30pm (18 – 19 May).
Ballots open from 9am onwards, and close 1 hour before the cruise, winners will be notified via SMS.
If you like smaller boats, hop on to the Fast Craft Utility (FCU), a sleek transport capable of rapidly moving troops or vehicles, or to the LARC V vehicle, better known as the “Duck Tours”.
Of course, with all that action going on, don’t miss out on the main stars of the show, the ships!
Choose to go on board your favourite ships, or visit them all. The Frigate, Landing Ship Tank, Missile Corvette, Patrol Vessel, Mine Countermeasure Vessel and Swift Rescue, a Submarine support vessel, will all be welcoming you.
Foreign warships that will be participating in this year’s Navy Open House.
1) Australia, HMAS BATHURST  – Armidale class Patrol Craft
2) India, INS SATPURA [F48] – Shivalik class Frigate and INS KIRCH [P62] – Kora class Corvette
3) Indonesia, KRI Kujang  – KCR-40 Class Patrol Craft and KRI Frans Kaisiepo  – Diponegoro Class Corvette
4) United States of America, USS FREEDOM [LCS-1] – Freedom class Littoral Combat Ship
6. Experience Zone
Live the action and experience what it’s like to be a sailor for a day in the Experience Zone, as you check out re-creations of shipboard conditions, such as the bunks and galley on board ships and the submarines.
Take the helm and try out our bridge simulator where you can steer a ship, pick up a rifle and go head-to-head with your friends in laser tag within a simulated shipboard environment, or test your aim in our firing range using weapons specially fitted to fire paintballs.
7. Mission Zone
Walk through the Mission Zone and immerse yourself in the operations of the Navy, from counter-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden, to Humanitarian Assistance & Disaster Relief (HADR) operations providing emergency relief and medical assistance to countries hit by natural disasters.
See the wide range of weaponry and equipment used by the Navy, including missiles, guns and unmanned vehicles.
8. One SAF Avenue
Come down to One SAF Avenue to see a united 3G SAF and how elements from the land, air and sea work together as one.
Military hardwares on display at One SAF Avenue:
1) RSN S70-B Seahawk naval helicopter
2) RSN Typhoon gun
3) RSN Fast Craft Equipment and Personnel (FCEP)
4) RSN Protector Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV)
5) RSN Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat (RHIB)
6) SAF Leopard 2SG Main Battle Tank (MBT)
7) SAF Terrex Infantry Carrier Vehicle (ICV)
8) SAF Bionix II Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV)
9) RSAF Hermes 450 Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)
10) RSAF SPYDER ADS SR, Surface to air Python 5 and DERby Radar – Short-Range (SPYDER – SR) ground based air defence system
]-[ Anyone ordered a missile?
]Target Received[+]Target Tracked[+]Engage Missile[
MINDEF: 2013 Republic of Singapore Navy Open House
Official 2013 Republic of Singapore Navy Open House Facebook
More photos in Flickristan.
2013 MAY Republic of Singapore Navy Open House, Changi Naval Base, Singapore
]2010 MAY[ Republic of Singapore Navy Open House, Changi Naval Base, Singapore
]2007 APR[ Republic of Singapore Navy Open House, Changi Naval Base, Singapore